Hanoi – Halong Bay – Sapa (3 Days 2 Nights)
This North Vietnam tour brings you the multi experiences in plain (Hanoi capital where you are attracted by historic beauties and deeply culture), in mountain area (Sapa where you are impressed by imposing landscape and colorful ethnic group) and in beach area (Halong bay – one of 7 wonders natural in the world).
- 5-night accommodation with daily breakfast as per detail itinerary
- International flights and airport taxes
- Transfers by private air conditioned vehicle with experienced driver (24-seater minivan)
- Meals as specified in the itinerary with Halal food.
- Train: Hanoi – Lao Cai in sharing soft four-berth cabin in Chapa Express Train or similar
- Bus: Sapa – Hanoi with Sapa Express Bus or similar
- English-speaking tour guide.
- Entrance fees & permits.
- Boat excursions
- Bottle of drinking water
- Travel insurance
- Other meals which are not indicated above
- Surcharge and Compulsory dinners (if any)
- Tipping for guides and drivers
- Personal and other expenses such as porter, bar bills and laundry not stated in the itinerary.
Hanoi – Halong Bay – Sapa( 6 Days 5 Nights)
Day 1: Hanoi arrival (D)
Arrival at Noi Bai airport in Hanoi, you will be welcomed by our guide and transfer to the hotel to check in. After a short rest, we enjoy a 1-hour cyclo tour of the French inspired “old quarter”. We will then sit down to enjoy a performance of the city’s famous Water Puppets. After the show, we will have welcome dinner at a fine local restaurant in town. Overnight in Hanoi.
- Distance : Noi Bai Airport – City Centre: 40 KM
- Hotel in Hanoi : Cosiana Hotel (or similar)
- Meal Plan : Dinner at Namastee Restaurant
Day 2: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight Cruise (B, L, D)
Today we set off to the ‘Jewel in the Crown of Vietnam’ – Halong Bay. Before lunch we will board our boat and then set sail, cruising among thousands of extraordinary limestone Karst formations. Halong Bay was voted one of ‘The New 7 Wonders of Nature’ in 2011, and once here you will know why it was included in this group. On arrival in Halong, we will embark our cruise followed by a short cruise briefing. We will then savor a delectable lunch while our cruise sails among the limestone islands. In the mid-afternoon, we will kayak among the hidden areas of the bay, around the Bo Nau Cave area before going back to the cruise and continue cruising to Soi Sim Island. Go swimming and relaxing at the beach of Soi Sim or climb up to the top of the island for a panorama view of Halong Bay. In the evening, we will cruise back to the main boat for a shower before having dinner and spend the night onboard.
- Distance : Hanoi – Halong Bay: 175 KM, nearly 4-hour drive
- Cruise in Halong Bay : Oriental Sails (or similar)
- Meal Plan : Breakfast at hotel, Lunch and Dinner on board
Day 3: Halong – Hanoi – Overnight Train to Sapa (B, L, D)
Wake up early in the morning and start your day with Tai Chi exercises or a photo hunt before having breakfast. After that, we will explore the amazing Sung Sot Cave – the nicest cave in Halong Bay. After that, we will return to the boat, freshen up and check out of your cabin. Continue your cruise exploring the Bay, passing Ba Hang fishing village, Dog Islet, and more. While heading back to the harbor, watch the cooking demonstration before enjoying a traditional Vietnamese lunch. We will disembark at round noon and find your car is waiting and take you back to Hanoi. Your evening will be free for dinner. At 8 PM, our car arrived to take us to the train station in good time to board the overnight train to Sapa.
- Distance : Hanoi – Sapa: 315 KM, 8-hour by train
- Hotel in Hanoi : NONE
- Meal Plan : Breakfast and Lunch on boat, Dinner at D’Lion Batavia Halal Restaurant
Day 4: Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Sapa (B, L, D)
Arrive in Lao Cai Station in the early morning, we will be welcomed by our local guide and transfer to Sapa. After breakfast in a local restaurant, you will go downhill to Cat Cat village. Enjoy beautiful landscape and scenery along the road. Upon reaching a waterfall and a hydroelectric station, we will take a short rest before continuing our trek on a dirt trail through rice paddy terraced fields. The area is still covered by rain forest under the protection of Hoang Lien National Park. We will arrive in Y Linh Ho and Lao Chai village inhabited by Black Hmong people where we will have one more rest before climbing toward the main road. Back to Sapa in the late afternoon and spend the night in a hotel in Sapa town.
- Trekking Distance : Around 12 – 15 KM, 6-hour trekking
- Hotel in Sapa : Cosiana Sapa Hotel (or similar)
- Meal Plan : Breakfast at local restaurant in Sapa, Picnic Lunch on trekking route, Dinner at D’Lion Halal Restaurant.
Day 5: Lao Chai – Giang Ta Chai Village – Sapa – Bus back to Hanoi (B, L)
We will enjoy a breakfast with our hosts before bidding them goodbye. Today will include a visit to the Giang Ta Chai village of the Red Dao minority people, we will also trekking through a bamboo forest and pass by a majestic waterfall, taking time to rest and enjoy the surrounding.
Back to Sapa town and have lunch in a local restaurant. After lunch, we will be free to visit Sapa market before getting in the back to Hanoi at 4 PM by Sapa Express Bus. Arrive in Hanoi at around 9 PM, you will be transferred to your hotel in Hanoi.
- Distance : Hanoi – Sapa: 315 KM, 5-hour by Express Bus
- Hotel in Hanoi : Cosiana Hotel (or similar)
- Meal Plan : Breakfast at hotel, Lunch at D’Lion Batavia Halal Restaurant (at Cosiana Sapa Hotel), Dinner at D’Lion Batavia Halal Restaurant.
Day 6: Hanoi City Tour & Shopping – Departure (B, L)
Today we will venture out to explore Hanoi. First up we will drive to the Ho Chi Minh complex where we will spend time at Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, former stilt-house, Presidential Palace, Ho Chi Minh Museum and One Pillar Pagoda. Followings we will visit the Temple of Literature, which originally built as a temple to Confucius. After lunch, we will visit the infamous Hoa Loa Prison Museum. Hoa Loa is also known as the ‘’Hanoi Hilton’’ and was where former US presidential candidate John McCain was incarcerated for over 5 years.
Free & easy. Optional to shopping, the Silk Street in the Old Quarter is a good place for art galleries, embroidery, lacquer ware, silver articles, and jewelry. After that, you will be transferred to the airport for departure flight. Tour ends.
- Hotel in Hanoi : Cosiana Hotel (or similar) – Check out at 12.00 noon
- Meal Plan : Breakfast at hotel, Lunch at Red House Restaurant
B : Breakfast L : Lunch D : Dinner
- Room type bases on twin/double sharing
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily Western or Local breakfast.
- All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Location Hotels & Ratings Room Category :
- Hanoi Cosiana Hotel *** Deluxe Room
- Halong Bay Oriental Sail Cruise *** Deluxe Cabin
- Sapa Cosiana Sapa Hotel *** Deluxe Mountain View Room